Friday, August 24, 2007

Published at Last

While I've been bad about writing here, I do have (sort of) an excuse. And it's an exciting excuse. On top of the full-time job waiting tables and the part-time job freelance writing and editing for an education program, I have taken on another title: contributer to Augusta's local weekly paper, Metro Spirit.

Yesterday my first article appeared in the paper in yellow boxes across the area and on the Spirit's website. I am giddy. Here's the link: http://metrospirit.com/index.php?cat=1993101074450312&ShowArticle_ID=11002108071835366

I will continue to write for them on a part-time basis, covering stories of Augusta interest, and building my resume and knowledge of the real (not virtual) publishing world. I'll include links to my stories on this blog and prod you all to read them. Perhaps (fingers crossed) this could lead to a full-time, paying gig. At last, I have some good news!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Just read your article. Congratulations. I know there will be more to come.

g said...

I am also giddy - Just the right word.
And oh so very proud of you.